In 2011, this home at 610 W. Broadway, circa 1917, was named to the Columbia Historic Preservation Commission’s Most Notable Properties List.
Called the Joseph and Mary Duncan House, it could have been built from mail-order plans due to the combination of Dutch Colonial, Queen Anne and Colonial Revival elements. More information is available in this Feb. 15, 2011 Columbia Missourian article.
Additional information from the West Broadway Historic District Property Information Form Prepared by Debbie Sheals for the West Broadway Neighborhood Association 2009 is available on line here.
According to this document:
“This lovely home was built about 1917 by A. Fredendall, pioneer Columbia Clothier and merchant. Mr.Fredendall owned the first Columbia department store, a forerunner of Parks. At a later date Leonard Morris, restauranteur lived here then the Boyd Lucas family. The Lucas family owned the Missouri Store, forerunner of the successful and long-standing Mo. Book Store. Still later, the H.R. Muellers owned and still own here. TheMuellers had lived in the 900 block of W. Broadway and came here. Mr. Mueller owned and operated the HRMueller Florist Co. The family continues his business.”
The owners by year, according to the document:
1925-26 A. Fredendall
1930-36 B. W. Lucas
1940 Boyd. W. Lucas
1947-1979 H. R. Mueller