602 Sanford Place, Sanford F. Conley house – MU Campus

Media Coverage:

  • May 30, 2017 — The Conley House, Columbia Business Times, Flashback. Summary: Contrasting a postcard image with a present day photograph, the article states the house was built in 1869, listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1973. It states he lived there with his wife and four sons. Note, the couple had five children including one daughter Helen Singleton Conley.

The Conley house, built in 1869,  is one of the most intact Italianate homes left in Columbia, according to city documents. It was named to the National Register of Historic Places on Dec. 18, 1973.

Here’s a link to an 1890 photograph of the house.

According to the University of Missouri website, it now houses offices for the Campus Writing Program, Provost and Office of Research, but according to the MU in Brick and Mortar, it may also house a ghost. Check out this page to learn more about Aunt Sally.

For all the history on MU Brick and Mortar Page, go here.


Leave a Reply